Thursday, February 21, 2013

Top 12 Make-Up Items! (in my humble opinion :) )


So, whenever I travel, or if I'm staying the night somewhere I feel like the hardest part of packing is deciding what make-up I want to bring! I know, how sad. Anyways, I have put together a list of TWELVE! make-up items that are seriously the best and I can't live without! I know what you are thinking, twelve items is a lot... haha. But! Being the beauty freak that I am thought this was a small number! So, lets get on with the list! :) 

Number 1.
Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation.






















This stuff is seriously a life saver! It gives you a flawless face and is full coverage. It hides any imperfection on your skin you may have and leaves you with an airbrushed finish. This is a very pigmented so a little goes a long way. It's worth the $38 price tag in my opinion! 


Number 2. 
L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions mascara





















HOLY TOLEDO! This mascara is incredible! It is the best telescopic mascara out of the whole line. It lengthens, separates AND adds volume! And to make it even better, it is a drugstore mascara. This stuff is awesome and I cannot say enough about it. Pick this up when you go to Target, Wal-Mart, Ulta, wherever, and you will not regret it! I think I paid $8 or $9 bucks for this at target! 


Number 3. 
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting concealer



















LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. This concealer will hide any dark circles, blue undertones, and just all around tired eyes. It really makes you look like you got 12 hours of sleep! And the $6 price tag makes you love it more. 


Number 4. 
Elf Studio line blush in Candid Coral annnd MAC powder blush in Springsheen (because I couldn't pick one!) 











































These blushes are very similar in color but have different finishes. Springsheen is more of a pinky-coral blush while Candid Coral is more of a golden-coral. The only downside to Candid Coral is you have to build it up a lot. But once you build it up to your liking, its so beautiful! Springsheen is very pigmented so a little goes a long way! These blushes are similar in color but VERY different in the price range. the ELF blush is $3!! While the MAC blush is $20. These two blushes are in my make-up bag at all times! 


Number 5. 
NYC Bronzer in Sunny





















This is another great drugstore find! It's a great matte bronzer that lives up to the standards as NARS Laguna bronzer. Since this is a matte bronzer, it's great for contouring the face and just overall bronzing up the skin! This bronzer is only $2-$3 depending on what store you buy it from! 



Number 6. 
Dior Amber Diamond highlighter





















If you can get your hands on this highlighter GET IT! It's the best highlighter I have ever used. It gives your skin the most luminous glow I have ever seen. Even though it carries a hefty price tag of $44 it is well worth it to me! 


Number 7. 
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze





















If you have never used a Color Tattoo before, it is basically a cream eyeshadow that you can use as a primer for your powder eyeshadows or just wear it on its own. And let me tell you, these suckers don't crease or smudge! I love wearing this on its own for a quick make-up look, or under some bronze eyeshadows for a really glowing intense eye look! They range from $6-$8 in price depending on where you buy them :) 



Number 8.
Urban Decay Naked Palette
















Need I say more? This pallet has been all over the blog world since it came out a couple years ago! This is just the best eyeshadow pallet that I have ever used. If you don't have one, I highly recommend investing in this because it is such good value for money. It retails for $50 wherever Urban Decay is sold :) 

Number 9. 
MAC Studio Fix powder foundation





















I love this powder foundation. It's great for people with oily skin (like myself). I love wearing this on its own for a natural foundation look, or touching up my foundation at the end of the day. It has great coverage and leaves you shine free! It retails for $28.

Number 10.
Rimmel Stay Glossy lipgloss in Non Stop Glamour 























I love all the Stay Glossy lipgloss's but Non Stop Glamour is my absolute favorite from the line! It's the most beautiful nude with a golden pink shimmer. It's great on its own, or on top of a lipstick! These lipgloss's usually retail for $3-$5 depending on where you buy them :)

Number 11
MAC eyeshadows (from left to right) Naked Lunch, Brun, Woodwinked, and Satin Taupe



















I know, I know, this isn't one item total, but if you get a four eyeshadow palette then its technically one right? ;) I love to wear Woodwinked on it's own. It's the most perfect gold eyeshadow with some darker undertones. Naked Lunch is a beautiful pinky champagne color that is great for highlighting or wearing on the lid. Brun is a great matte dark brown that is a wonderful shade to run through your brows if you have dark brown hair (like me!). Satin Taupe is verrrrry pretty taupe shade. It's perfect to either run through the crease or wear on its own! It's actually very beautiful on top of the color tattoo Bad to the Bronze ;) 

Number 12 
Rimmel Scandalize eyeliner in Brown























I'm VERY picky when it comes to eyeliner! Mostly because I have really sensitive eyes and eyeliners can make my eyes watery, cloud my contacts, or even burn my eyes! I always wear Make-Up Forever Aqua Eyes eyeliner because it doesn't bother my sensitive eyes. BUT! This Rimmel eyeliner is an exact dupe for the Make-up Forever eyeliner! It doesn't smudge, it stays on all day, and it doesn't bother my sensitive eyes ;) I bought my Scandalize eyeliner at Walgreens for $5 :) 


Okay so that was my big long list! These items are the best in my book and things I can't live without! I hope you enjoy these items also!! :) 

xoxo Audrey


RANDOM CUTE PUPPY PICTURE! 
ps I had to write this blog twice because my lovely fiancĂ© Kristopher kept accidentally deleting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment